When the weather outside is dreadful, there is nothing more relaxing than coming home to feel warm and cozy. If your heating system doesn’t cooperate, however, that warm feeling can quickly turn to stress. Whether you have a central heating system that’s blowing cold air or a furnace that won’t turn on at all, it’s important to have a dependable Nashua, NH heating contractor. Since 2002, Paul The Plumber has been the trusted name in heating services. We offer honest advice, flat-rate pricing, and personalized solutions that work to restore the warmth and comfort your family deserves.
Reach out to our Nashua heating and furnace experts for the following services:
- Emergency Services
- Heater Repair
- Heater Installation
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Heat Pump Services
- Radiant Heating
- Boiler Services
- Oil Burner Repairs
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Filter Replacement
Dealing with a heating issue after hours? Our furnace contractors are on call for emergency service, helping restore the heat day or night!
When Should You Replace Your Furnace?
Even with the best care, the average furnace can last up to about 15 years, although more often than not, it’s a lot less than that. So how do you know when to choose between a furnace repair and a replacement? For starters, always work with your furnace service company to get an accurate assessment of the health and severity of your issues.
However, if you’re looking for some simpler signs, consider the following:
- Old Age: As mentioned above, even with the best care, the longest use you’ll get from a furnace is about 15 years. When your unit is in those later years and facing a major repair cost, a replacement may be the better option. Before agreeing to any repair, always consider the cost of a new unit compared to the repair itself; if it’s about two-thirds of the cost, always go with the new unit.
- Poor Performance: As your furnace ages, performance will decline. This can translate into fluctuating temperatures, noisy operation, and a unit that takes longer than usual to heat your home. Because your furnace is integral to your comfort, ignoring poor performance is never a good idea.
- High Energy Costs: The harder your furnace has to work to heat your home, the higher the energy costs. The same can be said for a unit that’s undersized for the square footage in your home. If you’ve recently expanded or there are some rooms that are getting little to no heat, a furnace upgrade can help.
- Constant Repairs: Repairs can get costly, and when they become a constant issue, it’s time to consider alternative options. While a repair may seem cheaper, in the long run, the more repairs you schedule the more money you could have invested in a new unit.
At Paul The Plumber, we are your furnace installation experts. We’ll take the time to find the ideal system that works for your home’s size and budget, ensuring you always have total peace of mind in your home.
Signs You Need Heater Repairs
If your heating system still has some life left, working with a repair contractor can actually help get your system back up and running. As a homeowner in Nashua, NH, it’s important to pay attention to warning signs that your heater is in need of repair. In many cases, our customers call us once they’re dealing with an emergency, like a heater that won’t turn on in the middle of the night. In many cases, this could have been prevented by paying attention to warning signs like:
- Strange noises - grinding, banding, or screeching.
- Higher than usual energy costs.
- Fluctuating temperatures.
- A unit that struggles to heat the entire home.
- Foul odors or poor indoor air quality.
- For gas furnaces - a blue pilot light.
More often than not, your system will start to show signs of wear and tear when you’re using it the most - like during the winter season. As a general rule of thumb, if your furnace or heater is on the older side, you should schedule annual care. At Paul The Plumber, we’re here to help and are always available to offer honest advice.
Want to make sure your furnace is ready for winter? Schedule your heating tune-up today and enjoy a comfortable home when you need it most.
How Can Heating Maintenance Benefit Your Home?
The most beneficial part of having a furnace service company you can call one when you need help is having peace of mind that everything in your home is working as it should. While you don’t need your heating system the entire year, when those frigid temperatures do come around, knowing you have a system that’s working at peak efficiency is such a relief. The best way to ensure this is with routine maintenance and care. Whether it’s something as simple as replacing your furnace filter or a complete inspection and tune-up, you can count on our heating contractors for help.
Since 2002, our goal has been to provide service with a smile, and it’s one of the main reasons we’ve become trusted furnace contractors in the area!