As the spring and summer approaches homeowners need to begin thinking more about the efficiency of their home’s air conditioning unit. An old air conditioning unit could be costing you hundreds or even thousands of dollars each year in terms of extra energy spent trying to cool down the house. Paul The Plumber has been the number one air conditioning installation company in Nashua, NH since founding in 2002. Whether your unit is on the older side or simply isn’t working as it should, you can count on our air conditioning contractors for help.
Want to keep your air conditioning running in top shape for long? Be sure to schedule annual maintenance and enjoy improved performance and lower energy costs.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Replacement
Just because your air conditioner is old doesn’t mean that it needs to be replaced. If the air conditioner is running consistently and you are satisfied that the energy consumption is low, then you may not need to replace it. However, there are a few warning signs that it is indeed time to replace the central air conditioning unit with a new, more efficient system.
- There is No Cold Air Blowing: If there is no cold air blowing like there usually is, this is a pretty good indicator that the air conditioning unit is not working. It could struggle to reach the right temperature or it could fail to cool the house at all. If the AC unit is not blowing cold air or the air is not cold enough, this is a sign that the air conditioning system may need replacement.
- The Energy Bills Are Unusually High: Running the air conditioner will cost money no matter how effective the system is, but if there is a sudden spike in the energy bills for your home it could mean that there is a problem with the air conditioning unit. If there is a broken part or if it is dirty the air conditioner will not run properly and it will use more energy trying to make up for the lack of power to reach the desired temperature.
- It Needs Repairs More Often: When you get a new air conditioning unit it is important to have a trusted contractor do the ac unit installation. If the installation is not done correctly the unit may need repairs right away to work properly.
If the installation is done correctly you should not need to get repairs often on a new unit. An old unit may require constant repairs and at this point, it makes more sense to just replace the unit. A skilled HVAC technician will tell you when it is time to replace the unit.
The Benefits of a New AC Unit
There are a lot of benefits to getting a new AC unit. If you are wondering whether or not it is worth the money to replace the air conditioning system in your home, compare the difference between the cost of a new system with the cost of repairing an old system or paying increased energy bills over time because of an ineffective unit.
Some of the benefits of a new system for your Nashua, NH home include:
- Better For the Environment (And Your Wallet!): An old AC unit does not run as efficiently as a newer one. Many of the latest HVAC systems focus on saving energy, making a new unit much more friendly for the environment. In addition to being more eco-friendly, a more efficient, new air conditioning system for your home will decrease your energy bills as well.
- Better Air Quality: Another benefit of a new AC unit is that it will be faster and more efficient at cooling the house. It will take less time for the house to reach the desired temperature which is great during the hot summer months.
- Improved Temperature Control: An old air conditioning unit may struggle to reach the desired temperature, or fail to reach it at all. In addition to being faster at reaching the climate that you want, a new HVAC unit will typically increase the air quality of the home as well by upgrading the old system.
- Updated Features: Like all things in life, the modern world has taken things to the next level with HVAC units. The newer models have such great features such as touch screens on the control panel, easier to maintain the system, and greater energy efficiency. You are living in a technologically advanced world, so don’t leave your HVAC unit in the past. Upgrading your air conditioning unit means that you can enjoy the latest high-tech features that are available.
Looking for alternative cooling options for your home? We also offer ductless mini split AC system installations.
Tips to Keep Your New Unit Working in Top Shape
There are a few ways that you can keep your unit working great whether it is new or old. When you get your new unit installed by one of our experts they will also go over the best practices for maintaining the unit for maximum efficiency and lifespan. Some of these practices include:
- Keep the area around it clean and free of debris.
- Always remember to schedule routine maintenance.
- Don’t ignore repair issues forever.
If the air condition system is old and out-dated, all of the repairs and maintenance in the world may not be able to get it to run efficiently. At Paul The Plumber, we are your reliable air conditioning installation pros. Contact us today and enjoy service with a smile!