A water heater is one of the more important appliances in a home, both due to comfort and safety. Nothing is better on a cold winter morning than a hot shower or bath, and hot water helps you clean your clothes and dishes. But when dealing with an issue with your water heater, it can be hard to know what’s an emergency or when you need a new water heater altogether. That’s where Paul The Plumber comes in. When you need us most, we are your reliable plumbers for Manchester, NH. We can answer all your water heater questions.
Considering upgrading to a tankless water heater? Contact us today!
Signs of Water Heater Problems
If you notice that your hot water just isn’t getting, well, hot enough, then it may be a sign there’s an issue with your hot water heater and it’s time to call an expert. There are some other signs, though, too that homeowners should be aware of when it comes to their water heater and they include:
- Rust: Rust can eat through your tank and get into your water supply or cause your water heater tank to leak. If you find rust on your tank, you may need a new water heater.
- Leaks: If you see a puddle of water around your hot water heater, it is probably a sign that something is wrong and you should contact an expert for a diagnosis.
- Noise: Rattling, hissing, or clanging, can all suggest a broken water heater or an issue with the heating element.
- Dirty Water: Dirt, rust, or other particles in your water are signs your water heater may need to be repaired. Sandy or Muddy water can mean sediment build up in your tank, but rusty, or metallic smelling or tasting water can be a sign of a water heater emergency.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs with your water heater, don’t hesitate to call an expert today. At Paul The Plumber, we offer expert water heater repair service along with replacement options. If you need a new unit, we can help you find one that works for your budget and home needs, ensuring you have access to hot water at all times!
Benefits of Water Heater Replacement
In general, a water heater will last somewhere between eight and 10 years, but it's a good idea to perform proper maintenance and check for signs that it may not be working properly. But sometimes you might need a new water heater, and when it’s that time, it's important to leave it to the professionals, and here's why:
- Regulatory Requirements: You'll need a unit that’s compliant with any energy-efficient standards. A plumbing professional can help you find the right one.
- Expertise: Water heaters are bulky, and they must be disposed of in the right manner. And, plumbers will have access to all the tools you'll need for extraction of the old unit and installation of the new one.
When it’s time for a new water heater, then contact Paul The Plumber. We can help you with choosing the right water heater for your home, and handle the removal and installation, too. Best of all, we always offer upfront pricing, so you know exactly what you’ll pay before we start work in your home.
Was hard water the reason your water heater was damaged in the first place? Protect your new unit with a water softener installation today!
Trust the Experts!
When it's time to replace your water heater, make sure you contact a professional. An expert can help you choose the right tank, replace the unit and dispose of your old one properly so you don't have to. And having an expert that you can trust means they’ll be on call for whenever you face water heater problems.
At Paul The Plumber, we’re your water heater service company for the Manchester, NH area. Our Residential Service Specialists will be there to install, repair, or replace your water heater while offering upfront pricing and honest recommendations.