A whole house water filter supplies clean water everywhere you need it, which can add comfort and safety to any Manchester, NH home. Whole house filtration systems come in many different forms and it’s important to trust an expert to help you choose the best one for your needs. Paul The Plumber is your local water filtration experts. We’ll offer honest recommendations and service with a smile. Whether you’re going with a carbon filter or reverse osmosis filtration, our plumbing pros are here to help!
Worried your slab may be leaking? We offer slab leak detection services and repairs to help with those unseen leaks.
Why Choose a Whole House Water Filtration System?
Your water can come from a variety of sources. You could have a private well, or use lake water, or maybe your home’s water is brought in through the city. Wherever your water comes from, it has its own collection of sediments and debris and hardness level that may need to be addressed. A whole house filter treats all the water entering your home so any water used in washing machines, dishwashers, coffee brewers, showerheads, or any other fixture or appliance in your home, is filtered and kept clean.
With a whole house filtration system, you will need to determine what's in the water supply that needs filtering out. Your whole house water filter could include a water softener to remove iron, or it could be more elaborate and include a process called aeration or oxidation. It may remove chlorine and chloramine, or iron. The type of whole house filtration needed is driven by what’s in your water that can cause problems for your home.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
There are a lot of different filtration systems for homes and these systems purify water through different methods. Some of the more common options homeowners in the Manchester, NH area use include:
- Distillers: These systems boil water to separate the hard minerals and salts present in the water. It's a slow process that might affect your home's energy usage.
- Sediment: These are more regularly called water softeners. They remove sediment and iron from hard well-water.
- Magnetic: This system uses a magnetic field to reshape your water’s molecular structure and purify it.
- Ultraviolet: This water filter uses UV bulbs to destroy germs. But the bulbs have a limited lifespan and require frequent changing.
- Catalytic: This system will use electron injections to target and eliminate toxins found in your water.
- Infrared: Very similar to catalytic filters, infrared reshapes your water’s molecular structure.
- Alkaline Ionizers: These add a milli-volt charge to your water, which breaks up minerals. It will also shift the pH level.
- Reverse Osmosis: These remove cryptosporidium and other minerals from your water, which will make it bottled-water quality.
As you can see, there are a variety of different filtration options, so it’s best to contact a professional to figure out what will work best for your home and your needs. At Paul The Plumber we have over 20 years of local expertise. Not only do we understand the water quality concerns homeowners in the area face, but also we can help you find that perfect whole-home filtration system that works for your budget and needs.
Does your home struggle with hard water? We also offer water softener installations to help soften your water and protect your pipes from scale buildup.
We’re Your Trusted Pros
There are great advantages to having a whole house water filtrations installed in your home. They can reduce minerals and bacteria, hardness and chemicals, and even make your water taste better.
Paul The Plumber is your water filtration expert. Whether you’re looking for a water softener, UV system, or even an infrared model, our Residential Service Specialists offer full transparency and service with a smile.