In many cases, homeowners don’t realize there’s a problem with their electrical system until something goes wrong. Unfortunately, faulty wiring could cause thousands of dollars of damage or worse by then. That’s why the certified electricians at Paul The Plumber offer residential electrical inspection services throughout the Derry, NH, area.
The experts at Paul The Plumber understand that you want to keep your home electrical system running safely and efficiently without inconvenient interruptions or costly repairs. Scheduling a needed inspection will do just that.
Whether you have concerns that your electrical system needs upgrading or you need the expertise of a professional regarding your electrical services, you can count on us.
Paul The Plumber has been serving the community since 2002, and we are proud to include electrical inspections near Derry, NH, as part of our complete home-systems care.
What Is a Home Electric Inspection?
Many homeowners don’t realize the benefits of having a whole-house electrical inspection. Just as your HVAC system needs to be regularly inspected and maintained, so does your electrical system.
Any electrical system can deteriorate with time, and flaws are difficult to spot if you aren’t a trained electrician. An inspection will make sure your system is working correctly and safely. By repairing electrical issues before they become problems, we save our customers time, money, and inconvenience.
During a certified electrical inspection, we will check for the following:
- Arc fault circuit interrupters that are operating correctly
- Switch and wall outlets that are in good condition and functioning
- Appropriated surge protection that is in place
- Outdoor electrical system issues
- Shock or electrocution hazards
- Malfunctioning grounding systems
- Smoke detectors that are working and properly placed
- Security lighting that is installed and functioning
- An electrical panel that is appropriately labeled and fully operational
- Signs of poorly done electrical work, either DIY or professional
- Incorrect wiring or connections
- Improper use of dedicated circuits
In addition, we will inspect closely for any issues that do not meet the safety codes set by the National Electrical Code.
When Do You Need Electrical Inspections in Derry, NH?
Residential electrical inspections aren’t needed annually like some of the other maintenance requirements in your home. The Electrical Safety Foundations recommends making an appointment at these specific times:
- Before purchasing a home
- If the home is more than 40-years old and has not been upgraded
- When adding new major appliances such as a hot tub or washer/dryer
- When you're planning a major renovation, or just after one
In addition, call Paul The Plumber for a residential electrical inspection if you notice any of these warning signs:
- Flickering lights
- Strange smells coming from outlets or the breaker panel
- Tripping circuit breakers
- Switches or outlets that feel warm
- Signs of scorching around outlets or electrical panel
- Outlets that don’t work or an inadequate number of outlets for the home
At Paul The Plumber, we also suggest our customers call to schedule electrical home inspections if they don’t know how long it’s been since the last inspection.
Putting Your Derry, NH Home on the Market? Inspect Before You Sell
Finding out there are problems with your home’s electrical system could cause a potential buyer to walk away. Cosmetic issues like changing outdated light fixtures are something a new owner can take care of. However, problems that are a health or safety hazard should be repaired before listing a home.
Scheduling a certified electrical inspection before selling your home is also cost-effective. Knowing that your home’s systems are in good working order will help you command top-dollar for your property.
Call Paul The Plumber for electrical inspections near Derry, NH, if you’re considering seeing your home.
What Happens After a Home Electric Inspection?
Don’t worry; if we uncover problems during an electrical home inspection, our certified electricians have the experience and the equipment to make any needed repairs. We offer a full range of electrical services, including new electoral panel installation and complete home rewiring.
Whatever the issue is, we have the team, the talent, and the tools to get your system operating the way it should. When you call Paul The Plumber for electrical inspections in Derry, NH, you’ll have the full range of our services at your disposal.
Turn to Paul The Plumber for Electrical Inspections Near Derry, NH
Stop searching the internet for “electrical inspection near me.” Call Paul The Plumber today to schedule a certified electrical inspection for your house.
Whether you’re selling, renovating, or having concerns about your home’s electrical system, we offer transparent, competitive pricing, and all of our work is guaranteed. Contact us today for more information about our services.