The furnace is an essential component of the modern home, providing heat and warmth to your family. Furnace repairs can be costly which is why sometimes it makes more sense to replace old models with a new efficient option. Whether your furnace is blowing warm air or is constantly powering off, it can leave your Nashua, NH home freezing, particularly during the winter months. At Paul The Plumber, we are the most trusted home service provider in the area and offer detailed installation service including oil and gas-powered units.
Want to keep your new furnace working at its best? Don’t forget annual furnace maintenance, and enjoy peace of mind this winter.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Furnace
More often than not, we get a call once a furnace has stopped working altogether. However, there are plenty of warning signs to help you determine whether or not a replacement is on the horizon. This can include:
- It Isn’t Running Like It Used To: If you have noticed that it takes longer for the house to heat up, or the house never reaches the desired temperature at all, this could be an indicator that there is a problem with the furnace. If the problem persists over multiple repairs it may be time to replace the unit.
- It Needs Constant Repairs: If you are constantly calling a technician to do work on your furnace, it may save you time and money to go ahead and invest in a new one. Not only will installing a new furnace save you money in terms of parts and repairs, but it will also save you money in the long haul in terms of energy and utility bill savings.
- It Is Very Old: All appliances have a certain lifespan, and a furnace can age out just like anything else. At a certain point, an old furnace will not be able to hold up anymore and it will be time to replace it. Most home furnaces last for about fifteen years, but if the system is inefficient you may want to replace the furnace sooner than that.
How Can a New Furnace Help Your Home?
For most homeowners, the idea of having to replace your furnace can seem daunting. However, once you understand the benefits, it will often be an easy decision to make. Some of the perks of furnace replacement include:
- Energy Saving Performance
- Improved Heating & Airflow
- Fewer Repair Issues
- Longer Appliance Lifespan
- Smart Features
- Quieter Operation
- Added Property Value
For homeowners that have been struggling with an old furnace for years, upgrading your unit can improve your comfort and ensure you have peace of mind when the temperatures drop. With over 20 years of local experience, you can trust that we’ll find the ideal replacement for your home.
Dealing with an emergency situation, like a furnace that stops working in the middle of the night? We offer emergency heating repair, keeping your family safe when you need it most!
Tips for Keeping a New Furnace in Top Working Shape
Whether your furnace is new or old, doing routine maintenance will be essential to getting the maximum lifespan out of it. If you have a new furnace and you want to know how to get the best performance out of it in the long haul, here are a few tips that you can follow.
- Yearly Inspections: Having an expert heating technician from Paul The Plumber do a yearly inspection on your new furnace will help keep your furnace in top working shape by detecting any problems and fixing them before they get worse.
- Keep the Area Clean: If there are obstructions around the furnace it can affect how it functions and dirt can even clog up the parts. You want to keep dust, grime, and other particles out of the inside of the furnace and the best way to do that is to make sure that the environment around it is clean as well. Moisture around the furnace can also cause mold and other problems.
- Change the Filters: The filters in the furnace need to be changed about every three months. For homes with pets or smokers changing the filters even more often might be a good idea. Changing the filters often is a great way to optimize the performance of your furnace.