Plumbing, heating, and cooling emergencies always seem to strike in the middle of the night or when the temperature has reached below zero. Whether it’s a furnace that’s blowing cold air, an air conditioner that won’t turn on, or a burst pipe that is pouring gallons of water into your living room, getting immediate attention can literally be the difference between a minor disruption and massive damage to your home. At Paul The Plumber, we are our local emergency service company. Our technicians are always available 24/7 and promise to have a live answer for you, day or night!
Want to avoid common plumbing issues? Remember to schedule routine care, like annual drain cleaning, to keep your plumbing system at its best.
Symptoms of Plumbing Emergencies
It can be hard to know, sometimes, if your clogged toilet counts as a plumbing emergency or if that hidden leak means you need to call a plumber right now. When it comes to a plumbing emergency, it’s often better to be safe than sorry. But there are some signs that do indicate an emergency and they include:
- Burst pipe
- Frozen pipes
- Simultaneously clogged drains
- Standing water
- A discovered hidden leak
- Gas leaks
- A ruptured water heater tank
Not only will these issues prevent you from using the fixtures and appliances throughout your home, but in many cases, they can also cause extensive damage. Leaks, for example, can create a breeding ground for mold and mildew. This means in addition to your plumbing repair service, you may also have to schedule a mold remediation to ensure that your home is safe and livable. The longer you have to wait for an emergency plumbing repair, the more of an impact can have on your home.
Is Your HVAC System Warning You?
Like your plumbing, the heating and cooling system in your home can also be a cause for concern. Not only do these systems keep you comfortable during temperature extremes in the winter and summer, but also they keep you safe. Like your plumbing, there may come a time when they stop working altogether. However, an air conditioning emergency can easily be avoided by paying attention to warning signs, including:
- High Energy Costs: If your furnace or AC is struggling to regulate the temperature in your home effectively, it’s going to increase your energy costs. If you notice a major spike in your utility bills, an emergency may be on the horizon.
- Fluctuating Temperatures: Temperatures should always be comfortable and at the setting found on the thermostat. If you’re getting fluctuating temperatures from room to room, you need to have your system inspected immediately.
- Low Airflow: When you hold your hand up to the vent are you getting little to no airflow? This is often a sign that the air handler or ductwork in your home is damaged. Get help before airflow stops altogether!
- Strange Noises: Both your heating and air conditioning systems have moving parts that help produce that air you rely on. Anytime there’s an odd noise like grinding or screeching, it could be a sign of trouble.
Although many homeowners in the Nashua, NH area call us for service once their systems stop working altogether, by paying attention to the signs you can easily avoid a heating or cooling emergency. Things like odd noises or poor performance should never be ignored. By addressing a minor repair, you’ll avoid that larger breakdown.
Want to ensure your furnace is ready for winter? Be sure to schedule a furnace tune-up this winter!
We’re Your Emergency Service Pros
Like any emergency situation, plumbing and HVAC issues should never be ignored or delayed. At Paul The Plumber, we’re your reliable 24-hour emergency plumbing repair service company. We offer full transparency and honest recommendations so we don’t add any more surprises to an already surprising situation. Best of all, we also offer routine maintenance for both plumbing and HVAC systems, helping to keep your units working at their best and also avoiding emergency situations altogether.