A properly working furnace is essential to keeping your family safe and comfortable during the cold winter months. Paul The Plumber is dedicated to serving the communities of Mount Vernon with the heating, furnace, and home services that you need, including repairs, maintenance, and installation. With over 20 years of local expertise and the most qualified furnace contractors around, you can trust we’ll make your comfort and safety our top priority. We also offer emergency service for those unforeseen issues like a unit that won’t turn on or a system that’s blowing cold air.
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from homeowners near you.
What Are the Benefits of Routine Maintenance?
One of the best things that you can do for your heating system is to complete routine maintenance on time. Some maintenance such as keeping the area around the furnace clean and changing the air filters are simple ways that you can prevent a lot of repairs and extend the lifespan of your furnace.
Benefits of doing routine heater maintenance on time include:
- Identifying problems early on to prevent unnecessary repairs
- Lower energy costs
- Extending the lifespan of the furnace
- Preventing safety hazards
An annual heater tune-up may be all it takes to keep your furnace in perfect working condition for years to come. While repairs and cleaning the inside of the furnace should only be done by an experienced technician, the homeowner can do their part by keeping the area around the furnace clean and dry.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
Furnace making strange noises? This could be a sign that your furnace is in need of repair. There are a few different reasons why you might pick up the phone to call a furnace contractor, including:
- Strange Noises: If there is any sort of strange noises coming from the furnace, you probably need to call someone to look at it. This is one of the first signs that people notice when their furnace is in need of repair, especially if it is accompanied by a cold house.
- Cold House: If the furnace is struggling to reach the desired temperature, blowing cool air, or failing to warm the air at all, then it is time to get the repairman on the phone. Even if the furnace is somewhat heating the air, but it is still struggling, it is best to do the repairs right away or else you will waste money on your utility bills trying to ineffectively heat the home with a faulty system.
- High Energy Bills: If your utility bills have increased for seemingly no reason, it may be because your furnace is not running as efficiently as it used to and it is in need of a tune-up. Sometimes a tune-up can be all you need to lower your energy bills, or a newer furnace or heating system may be necessary to drastically reduce the amount of energy spent on heating the home.
Because your furnace plays such an important role in your comfort, even a slight change in permeance is easy to detect. By addressing furnace repair issues early on, you can avoid larger emergency issues like a complete system breakdown.
Want to keep your furnace in top working condition? Be sure to ask about our membership plans and enjoy convenient furnace maintenance when you need it most.
When Should You Replace Your Furnace?
Thinking about replacing your furnace? The average lifespan of a furnace is about 15 years, so if your furnace is this old it is time to start thinking about replacing it. Also, if you are experiencing constant problems with your furnace or heating system, you may want to go ahead and install a new system. Some of the benefits of a new system include:
- Save money on your utility bills
- Use less energy with an efficient new model
- No more calling the repairman
- If it is over 15 years old it is time to replace
Paul The Plumber offers 2-year parts warranties on the installation of new furnaces and parts. Call us today to schedule an appointment for a quote on a new furnace or heating system. Our prices are always fair and upfront.