Furnaces are vital to your comfort and safety in the winter. But, neglecting your heater in the off-season can present a hazard. Damaged and untuned burners cost money by not running efficiently and can produce deadly carbon monoxide gas. Keeping your home warm protects you and your plumbing system from freezing. Paul The Plumber in Merrimack is your reliable heating service company. With over 20 years of local experience, we offer a range of solutions including heater repairs, full system replacements, and reliable tune-ups to ensure your home is ready for the winter season.
Want to know more? Be sure to visit our reviews page before your next appointment and hear from our satisfied customers.
The Benefits of Routine Heating Maintenance
Protecting your home’s appliances is important to keeping costs low and prolonging the life of your home’s vital systems. The best way to protect your appliances is to practice routine preventative maintenance. Routine heater maintenance offers plenty of benefits, including:
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Routine maintenance protects your indoor air quality by keeping filters clean. Clean filters prevent the build-up of dust and allergens in the air of your home. It can also protect the internal components of your furnace.
- Better Energy Performance: When a furnace service company comes out to perform a heater tune-up they will measure the efficiency of your unit. If they find that your heater is running inefficiently, they will make repairs to restore it. This will lower your utility bills during the winter season, often significantly.
- Prevents Emergency Heating Issues: Finally, routine maintenance prevents a winter breakdown by assessing the health of your system as a whole. During a tune-up, technicians will check on the operation of thermostats, burners, and blowers. By checking these components, technicians can ensure that your system isn’t about to break down.
Getting a professional to perform maintenance on your furnace will also protect the warranty of a new unit. While you may think a new unit shouldn’t need maintenance, it’s often the most important phase of your equipment's life to ensure you get the most out of it. Having licensed professionals perform maintenance maintains your warranty and prevents you from having to pay for costly repairs that result from manufacturer defects.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
For furnaces that haven’t been properly maintained, you may need furnace repair. Repair service should always be left to the pros, as a DIY “fix” can easily cause irreparable damage. However, knowing when to call a Merrimack furnace contractor is essential. Signs that you need heater repair can include:
- Gas smell
- Not blowing hot air
- Higher than average heating costs
- Water around the furnace unit
- Carbon monoxide alarms going off
- Grinding or squealing noises
If you are experiencing any of these issues, please call the heater repair specialists at Paul The Plumber right away. As you can see, unrepaired furnace issues are not just about comfort, but they can also be hazardous for you and your family’s health.
Dealing with an emergency situation? We offer 24-hour emergency care to help protect your home and family, ensuring your peace of mind.
Expert Furnace Replacement
Even with diligent maintenance and timely repairs, eventually, a furnace will reach the end of its useful life. When that happens you will be faced with replacing your furnace. Furnaces are expected to last 10-15 years, depending on the type of care they get. If your unit is near that range it may be time to start considering new furnace installation.
At Paul The Plumber, we have all the information you need to make an educated decision about this important problem. We offer free estimates, upfront pricing, and extended warranties on our parts and labor. Our goal is to always provide service with a smile!