Radiant heating is a heating system that’s quickly growing in popularity, both because of its energy efficiency and its lack of ductwork in the home. At Paul The Plumber, we’ve been serving the Manchester, NH area for almost 20 years. You can count on us to help you with all your radiant heating questions, and when you’re ready for the next step, we can help you with installation, too!
Worried your boiler may be on its last legs? We offer boiler repairs and replacement options, too!
What Is Radiant Heating?
Most heating systems heat your home by using the air that’s already inside. The air is forced throughout the ductwork in your house, sending it where it needs to go to be heated and then returning it to your rooms.
Nowadays, though, there are other heating options available on the market, and some of them are more energy-efficient than typical heating systems. One of these is radiant heating systems.
Radiant heating involves pipes being installed under your flooring. Typically, hot water flows through the pipes, though sometimes radiant heating is electric, and the pipes release the heat upwards. This set up allows for more “all-around” comfort since the heat moving up is able to spread throughout the room more efficiently. This also means that radiant heating systems require less energy to operate, which can result in cost savings.
Why Choose Radiant Heating?
Radiant heating can be a great choice for homeowners looking for alternative heating sources, and it can provide a variety of benefits, too, including:
- Lack of Drafts: Typical heat systems that use forced air can lose up to 30% of heat because of gaps and drafts in the ventilation. Since there are no air ducts involved in radiant heating, there’s no wasted air.
- Energy Efficiency: Radiant heat allows hot air to rise from the floor, so it uses less energy to heat your home.
- Fewer Allergies: Dust from the ductwork in forced-air systems can make allergies worse. Radiant heating avoids this issue by not relying on ducts.
- Less Noise: There are no fans or blowers needed for radiant heat systems, which means you may not even realize they’re there at all!
- Zoned Heating: Radiant heat systems allow you to choose which rooms to heat, and which can stay cooler when they’re not in use.
As you can see, radiant heat systems provide a lot of benefits for the average homeowner, from cost savings to better comfort. If you’re interested in learning more, contact us today! At Paul The Plumber, our goal is to offer homeowners throughout Manchester, NH honest advice, finding you the ideal solution
Sticking with your traditional heating system? Make sure it’s in the best shape possible with a furnace tune-up today!
Trust the Pros!
Radiant heat systems are a great, alternative way to heat your home, providing both comfort as well as better energy efficiency, fewer allergens, and more temperature control. At Paul The Plumber we’ve been the Manchester, NH heating experts since 2002. We can help you with all your radiant heating needs while offering upfront pricing, honest recommendations, and full transparency.