One of the easiest and cheapest things you can do to keep your air conditioner working at its best is making sure the filter is routinely cleaned or replaced, and yet many homeowners overlook this simple chore. Luckily, Paul The Plumber is committed to keeping your home comfortable no matter the time of year. We provide air conditioner and furnace filter installation services in the Manchester, NH area, and can help you create the ideal replacement schedule based on your family needs and the filter in your unit.
Has excess dust already affected your system? Be sure to have your evaporator coils inspected and serviced to ensure proper performance.
How Can a Dirty Air Filter Impact Your Home?
Filters play an important role in your HVAC system, even though they seem rather simple. The filter is responsible for trapping debris and particles, which will stream through the system and through your house. A dirty air filter can negatively impact your home in the following ways:
- A clogged filter can result in uneven temperatures because air can’t easily pass through it.
- Clogged filters cause your cooling system to strain and work harder, which results in more energy used and higher utility bills.
- Because a filter catches allergens, a clogged filter leads to a drop in your air quality.
- Your home may become a lot dirtier since dust is not being caught by the filter, ending up in your home and on surfaces instead.
- By forcing your air conditioner to work harder, it can easily shorten the lifespan of your unit, leading to more expensive costs down the line.
A clogged filter may not seem like a big deal, but if it’s ignored for a long period of time, your health and air conditioner will suffer. While air filter replacement is relatively simple, if you’re having a hard time locating your filter or don’t know what’s best for your home, let our air conditioning experts help.
When to Replace the Filter?
For many Manchester, NH homeowners, it’s hard to remember how often to change the air filter, and the truth is it can vary wildly depending on some aspects of your home. But the below guide will help:
- If you live alone, have no pets, and don’t experience breathing problems: every 6-8 months.
- If your home has more than one person and at least one pet, and/or you experience allergies: every 3-4 months.
- A home with more than one person, more than two pets, and someone with more serious breathing difficulties: every 4-6 weeks.
These are some general guidelines you can follow, but in the end, it’s always best to get professional advice. At Paul The Plumber, we’re focused on providing honest guidance when it comes to air filter replacement. We’ll take the time to understand your needs and system, finding the ideal air filter replacement schedule for your home.
Looking for other ways to improve HVAC performance? Be sure to schedule an AC tune-up before the summer months.
Call for an Appointment Today!
Changing the air filter on your AC or furnace system is an easy step for most homeowners. But some systems have filters that are difficult to reach or a homeowner may have mobility problems. This is why HVAC professionals offer filter changing as a service. At Paul The Plumber, we have nearly 20 years of HVAC experience. We’re your Manchester, NH AC professionals and can help you with all your filter needs.
We work to ensure that your home is comfortable while providing honest recommendations, and full transparency.